This class is part demonstration, part swatch-fest, and all inspiration process.
I present my 3D design philosophy, and gearing to your own discovery of knitwear in a new light!
Skills needed: students need to know how to knit, purl, cast on, bind off, increase, decrease
● Introductory lecture on 6 basic principles of dimensional texture used in knitwear.
● Learning cast on and bind off varieties for stretchy edging and it’s purpose for dimensional knitwear.
● Learning to work specific short rows and learning to chart them on paper if needed in cases when short-rows are working with a pattern.
● Study a variety of swatches and examples presented used in my present and future designs.
● Swatching a series of techniques and reviewing all the possibilities and how to combine them to achieve new varieties of stitch patterns.
Materials fo the class
Materials for Moko-Moko Cowl
● Finished measurements 11” height (flat), 30” circumference
● 340 yds of any worsted weight wool
● Waste yarn in smooth texture and similar weight
● US 7 (4.5 mm) needle and a spare needle
● Crochet hook F (3.75mm)
● Waste yarn
Materials for Ginga Cowl
● 270 yds of smooth texture of worsted weight in light or bright color in MC;
● 270 yds of smooth texture of worsted weight in light or bright color in CC;
● US 7 (4.5 mm) circular, 24” long
● Crochet hook (size H or larger)
● Stitch marker
● Tapestry needle
● Scrap yarn
● Printed version only of Ginga Cowl or Kune-Kune Cowl pattern will be provided in class
For Class in General
● Wool yarn for swatching in light and/or bright colors in crisp non-fuzzy texture