This class is part demonstration, part swatch-fest, and all inspiration process.
I present my 3D design philosophy, and gearing to your own discovery of knitwear in a new light!
Skills needed: students need to know how to knit, purl, cast on, bind off, increase, decrease
● Introductory lecture on 6 basic principles of dimensional texture used in knitwear.
● Learning cast on and bind off varieties for stretchy edging and it’s purpose for dimensional knitwear.
● Learning to work specific short rows and learning to chart them on paper if needed in cases when short-rows are working with a pattern.
● Study a variety of swatches and examples presented used in my present and future designs.
● Swatching a series of techniques and reviewing all the possibilities and how to combine them to achieve new varieties of stitch patterns.